Learning basic Spanish words
Often, in English, when we want to know whether or not something is true, we make a statement then add, "Right?" or "Really?" or "No?" For example:
- You’re going to take the garbage out, right?
- The museum is on the left, no?
You can do the same thing in Spanish:
However, instead of saying "right" or “"really, " you'll ask, "True?"
Simply remember to raise the pitch of your voice when you say "¿no?" or "¿verdad?"
El carro tiene gasolina. - The car has gas.
El vestido es muy bonito. - The dress is very pretty.
Aztec calendar stone known as the Stone of the Sun
Test yourself with the Rocket Spanish testing tools! Improve your knowledge of Spanish and earn points for your badges along the way!
Note that the tests below are listed from easiest to hardest. Also, when a test is successfully rated the rating icon will at the top right of this page will show that rating.
Improve your understanding of spoken Spanish. With Hear it Say it! you can tune your ear to Spanish, increase your vocabulary and improve your pronunciation at the same time! Ready?
- Click the Get Started button below
- LISTEN to the audio (and touch up your pronunciation with Rocket Record if you like; Chrome/Firefox/Edge desktop browsers only)
- Click REVEAL to see the word/phrase and see the translation
- Just click your RATING to continue
See how many words you've rated at each level below. Just click on the number below each rating to review your words and phrases.
Write it! helps you to improve your written Spanish and your understanding of sentence structures. Just listen to the audio and type in what you hear!
- LISTEN to the audio
- WRITE down, in Spanish, what you hear
- Your answer will be automatically RATED, just click the rating to continue
Click the keyboard icon for a Spanish keyboard
Know it! tests you on your ability to translate English to Spanish! Ready?